Date: Oktober 30th, 2020:
Should you feel any signs of a cold or infection, please remain in your dorm room and contact the Covid currentCell at the following number: +4940 6541 4072 . They will then see to it that quarantine protocols are in order and that you can get tested. You will also recieve medical attention, should you need it!
Renewal of HSU Campus regulations (January 20th):
There is a general order to wear MEDICAL MASKS (FFP2, surgery or similar) on Campus now. Only when alone in your rooms or in an office are you allowed to be without a mask! Wear a mask outside as well! Do also make sure to keep at least 1,5 m of distance between you and other people! Students will receive some masks via their dormitory officers and employees can receive them upon entering campus!
- Our public health offices are in charge of quarantining or isolating people who tested positive and those who were potentially in contact with them. All potential contacts will be isolated and tested for Covid-19 by our Campus Health Services. If your test is positive, you will remain in isolation and recieve medical attention, if needed. If your test is negative, you will recieve instructions on how to behave! Please follow those instructions! Should you not be able to understand them, ask me or somebody else for a translation! Failure to follow these directions might result in a citation
- The majority of classes will be taught online. Only necessary laboratory exercises will be held in person. For this online teaching period, please make sure to stay in contact with your teachers and comrades. Should you encounter any troubles contact the International Office and we will coordinate!
- Most of the student body will be living in private apartments or staying with their families to avoid further spreading Covid-19. If you have family in Germany that you would prefer to stay with, this option is open to you as well. Please inform me and your Group Commander, should you plan to do so!!! Otherwise you are free to stay on Campus. The Mensa will remain open and any students in isolation will recieve meals in their rooms!
- Do avoid leaving the Campus unless necessary for grocery shopping or appointments. Do avoid any unneccessary travel in and out of Germany! If you are an international student and have to travel, please talk to Alina Kunze and your group commander in advance.
- It is prohibited to visit other dormitory floors and other student’s dormitory rooms and meet with student from other dorms. The shared rooms (like kitchens) are for the preparation of food and drinks only. Please avoid gathering in groups and wear your mask at all times! Please refrain from having parties!
- Please do not invite external guests to Campus right now!
Covid-Regulations in Hamburg (starting January 2021, changes may apply)
- All of the following places will remain in shut down:
- non-essential stores
- movies, theatres concert halls and other event locations
- bars, clubs etc
- restaurants ( though delivery and pick up are still available)
- gyms, sports clubs, pools, saunas etc
- cosmetics studios, massage parlors, tattoo studios
- Furthermore, all unneccessary travel in and out of Germany should be avoided! Hotels and other accomodations are usually not allowed to accept guests.
- You are only allowed to meet one person outside of your household. Please restrict contacts to a minimum, so we can avoid the spread of Covid-19
You are now required to wear medical grade masks (FFP-2, N95 or similar) in stores, public transport, public offices and in Medical institutions.
We will offer an open office hour starting from the end of January. Information on access will be made public by bulletin mail.
Do also feel free to check in with ALina Kunze at the International office should you need anything or have questions!
!Important!!: Please wear a mask in all buildings on campus! Please wash your hands regularly! Please adhere to hygiene rules and a cough and sneeze etiquette!
On this page, you will be updated on how Helmut-Schmidt University/ University of the Federal Armed Forces Hamburg is dealing with the developments of the pandemic and which measures have been taken from closure to the present. We will update this page whenever new measures are being instated.
International students are welcome to contact the International Office with any questions at all times. Please do not hesitate to email or call us!
We are taking nominations for the fall trimester and the German Intensive Summer Program! Please contact the International office for further Information!
The University was closed on March 12 due to a student being tested positive for Covid 19
All classes remaining for the Winter trimester and respective exams were suspended until further notice
The campus was closed down and staff sent to work from home
The president has since published a video message on our homepage on a weekly basis. If you require a translation of said messages, please contact the International Office.
Below you can find the most important measures explained in the videos.
The closure of campus has been prologed until June 14th, 2020
Only a team of necessary personell is still on Campus for Laboratory project maintenance as well as administrative work.
A control center has been instated to deal with central tasks concerning the shut-down
An FAQ and information page was published on our ILIAS platform. It lists information for students, staff and researchers.
The library will reopen on May 6th. People allowed on campus can order books and pick them up. All others will receive ordered books via post. Please wear a mask to access the library.
Information for Students
Exams for the winter trimester have been postponed. News on new examination dates will be published here soon!
Classes for the spring trimester started on April 6th and are going to be held online entirely.
Students may rent seminar rooms for group studies if their dormitory common rooms are to small! Please contact your group commander for more information.
Information on exams for the Spring trimester will be published soon!
Please keep in close contact with your teachers and comrades so you are always up to date on any changes.
Students who are required to use laboratories to finish their Master theses, will be allowed to do so. Please contact your academic mentors for further instruction!
From June 15th, small groups may meet for seminars in preparation for examinations. Further Information will be published in time!
Information for Staff and Researchers
Researchers who are working for third-party-funded projects will be allowed to use laboratories and university facilities again after May 3rd given that all hygene requirements can be met and social distancing rules apply!
If you are teaching a class online this spring, please do keep in touch with your students on a regular basis and please update them on any changes in schedules or rules.
Faculty and team meetings shall be held online until further notice
There will be no work time recording until June 14th
Please do stay in frequent contact with your colleagues and pass on important information to those working in your departments and teams!
Letzte Änderung: 1. February 2021