- Diese Veranstaltung hat bereits stattgefunden.
Exploring the Datafication, Digitalization and Automatization of Educational Governance and Practice
6. September 2019 - 7. September 2019
Over the past decade, considerable efforts have been made to examine the burgeoning of new information and communication technologies (ICT) in the field of education. On the one hand, the ‘turn’ towards evidence-based policy has resulted in a growing datafication of education, such as the rise of large-scale and longitudinal (digital) data production, intensified monitoring or technology-related consultancy practices. On the other hand, the ongoing promotion of ‘digital education’ and the use of smart technology claim to deeply transform classroom practice, particularly by providing ‘personalized’ ways of teaching and learning. Together, both trends condition the framework for complex entwinements between those who govern education and those who are governed.
This workshop brings together emerging and field-leading scholars from various cultural contexts to discuss ensuing questions related to the growing datafication, digitalization and automatization of educational governance and practice. Topics include:
- The emergence and analysis of new data infrastructures in the governing of education
- New forms of (adaptive) testing and performance measurement
- The rise of the Global EdTech Industry as well as new intermediary actors and their impact on education policy and practice
- Effects of datafication, digitalization and automatization on classroom settings
- Impacts on the teaching profession
- Linking transformations in the education sector to research on the digital society, the transformation of citizenship and democracy
For further information please e-mail email@example.com